Create and support organizational structures that encourage and simplify numerous forms of collaboration.
UAA supports a complex architecture of collaboration that includes Regional Campus governance, academics, and administration. This collaboration is pervasive and institutional, and has become integral to the Regional Campus identity.
With the guidance and support of UAA, three main collaborative governance bodies are in place that facilitate effective Regional Campus collaboration. Meetings of the groups are coordinated by the Senior Advisor for Regional Campus Affairs, a position created in 2015 by UAA specifically to support the work of the Regional Campuses in the context of Blueprint 2.0.
The Regional Campus Cabinet is a collaboratively organized body chaired by the Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs (EVPUAA), and consisting of chancellors of the five Regional Campuses and University Academic Affairs senior staff. The Regional Campus Cabinet is responsible for establishing strategic collaborative priorities for the IU Regional Campuses, and serves as a recommending body on all matters of Regional Campus strategy to the EVPUAA and the IU Academic Leadership Council. The Regional Campus Cabinet meets in conjunction with the regular meetings of the Indiana University Board of Trustees.
The Council for Regional Campus Excellence (CRCE) is a collaboratively organized body comprising the Vice Chancellors for Academic Affairs of the Regional Campuses and University Academic Affairs senior staff. It is chaired by the Senior Advisor for Regional Campus Affairs. CRCE serves as a policy-recommending body on all academic matters to the IU Regional Cabinet and the IU Academic Leadership Council. CRCE meets on a monthly basis during the academic year.
The Regional Faculty Caucus (RFC) is a collaboratively organized body comprising the faculty senate presidents of the Regional Campuses that serves as a liaison between the faculty leadership of the IU Regional Campuses and senior University Academic Affairs administration. It is chaired by the Senior Advisor for Regional Campus Affairs, and meets three to six times during each academic year.
Beginning in 2016, the Senior Advisor for Regional Campus Affairs began to organize joint meetings of the RFC and the CRCE for the purpose of better collaboration between Regional Campus faculty and academic administration. These meetings were generally focused on one specific topic, such as the faculty role in student success and completion and promoting teaching excellence as a path to promotion and tenure. These meetings have been chaired by the EVPUAA.
Finally, beginning in August 2017, the Regional Campus Cabinet organizes and hosts a now-annual IU Regional Campus Chancellors’ Leadership Summit. This day-and-ahalf event brings together senior campus administrators and faculty leaders from each of the five Regional Campuses. The summits have helped to shape the leadership agendas for the Regional Campuses in each of the last three years, with each summit focused on some aspect of student success:
- 2017 Summit: Refining the Regional Campus Mission
- 2018 Summit: The Growth Mindset and Student Success
- 2019 Summit: The Faculty Role in Student Success
- In addition to these more formally organized groups, UAA facilitates a wide range of cross-campus, collaborative “Affinity Groups” that support and encourage Regional Campus collaboration in academics and administration.
- Administrative Groups
- IU Online Advisory Council
- IU Online Regional Chancellors Summit
- IU Online Regional EVCAAs
- IU Online Collaborative Degree Faculty Committees
- IU Online Task Force for Online Course Quality and Concern Resolution
- IU Arts and Sciences Deans
- IU Education Deans Council
- IU Applied Health Science Deans
- IU Bachelor of Applied Science Deans
- IU Regional Nursing Deans
- IU Council of Head Librarians
- IU Business Deans
- IU Centers for Teaching and Learning Directors
- IU Writing Center Directors
- IU Institutional Research (IR) Council
- Faculty, Staff, and Administrative Groups Linked to National Initiatives
- LEAP Indiana (Part of the Association of American Colleges and Universities’ Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) Initiative)
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) RFY Innovation Teams
- AASCU American Democracy Project Campus Coordinators
- Regional Campus Carnegie Engagement Teams
- Student Success and Services Groups
- IU Directors of Advising
- IU Regional Campus Directors of Advising
- Tech Committee to Support AdRX development
- Fostering Learning, Achievement, and Graduation Success (FLAGS) Advisory Board and associated committees
- IU Regional Campus Career Services Directors
- IU Career Services Council
- IU Student Life Directors
- IU OCSS Student Advisory Board (all campuses, except IU Bloomington)
- IU Directors of Tutoring
- IU Regional Campus Associate/Assistant VCAAs (Regional Campuses)
- IU Directors of Honors Programs
- USSS Council (enrollment management)
- IU Admissions Council
- IU Financial Aid Council
- IU Registrar Council
- IU Bursar Council
- IU Institutional Research and Reporting Council
- IU Veteran’s Council
- Annual Regional Campus Admissions Summit
- Financial Administration
- Within UAA, the AVP for Administration convenes the Regional Campus Vice Chancellors for Finance Council each quarter to review and discuss financial and administrative issues. This forum provides a critical communication and informational channel between university administration and the Regional Campuses, and also establishes a platform for campuses to leverage shared and common services, with the goal of creating efficiencies and long-term fiscal stability.